AIARE Avalanche Rescue Course
Ready to book your experience or have more questions?
AIARE Avalanche Rescue is intended as a one-day stand alone course that is retaken on a regular basis in order to keep up on new gear and best practices in rescue techniques. New participants will learn the basics of companion rescue while return participants will be able to expand their skill set by participating in realistic scenarios and discussing advanced topics while they practice to help improve their skills after the course.
This is a full day (8 hour) course during which each participant will have the opportunity to receive professional coaching on their rescue skills and will receive a rescue card acknowledging completion date at course end. The Avalanche rescue course is a prerequisite for the AIARE Avalanche Rec Level 2 and Pro 1 courses. AIARE recommends that all backcountry travelers keep their skills current by taking an Avalanche Rescue Course and receiving a rescue card at least every other year.
Dates and Locations
- Saturday, December 4th, 2021- RMNP, Estes Park, CO
- Sunday, December 5th, 2021- RMNP, Estes Park, CO
- Friday, January 7, 2022- RMNP, Estes Park, CO
- Thursday, January 20, 2022- St. Mary’s Glacier, Alice, CO
- Thursday, January 27, 2022- Peru Creek, Keystone, CO
- Friday, January 28, 2022- RMNP, Estes Park, CO
- Thursday, February 3, 2022- St. Mary’s Glacier, Alice, CO
- Friday, February 11, 2022- RMNP, Estes Park, CO
- Thursday, February 17, 2022- St. Mary’s Glacier, Alice, CO
- Friday, February 18, 2022- RMNP, Estes Park, CO
- Thursday, February 24, 2022- Peru Creek, Keystone, CO
- Thursday, March 3, 2022- RMNP, St. Mary’s Glacier, CO
- Friday, March 4, 2022- RMNP, Estes Park, CO
- Thursday, March 17, 2022- St. Mary’s Glacier, Alice, CO
This course is offered through our partners at Bondi Outdoor Leadership. For a $25 discount enter code Bondi-CCC$25
Backcountry Skills You'll Learn
This is an ideal course for those beginning to journey into the backcountry with avalanche terrain At the end of the Avalanche Rescue course the student should be able to:
- Describe what to do if they or a member of their party is caught in an avalanche.
- Identify and be able to use gear necessary for avalanche rescue.Set up a realistic scenario in order to practice an avalanche rescue response.
- Improve their response skills and times during and after the course with feedback from instructors and peers.
- Develop a plan for continued practice.